Friday 10 March 2017

Review: Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?

Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A crowd is gathering in the Dew Drop Inn. A car pulls into Crime Alley and Selina Kyle gets out and heads into the pub, she is directed to a room in the back. People are gathering for a wake and taking their seats in front of an open casket. Inside is the Caped Crusader himself. As more people arrive they tell their stories of their encounters with Batman, each one recounting how he died, but what is the truth? Can this really be the end? Why does he die a different way each time?

I have read almost all the Gaiman Sandman series, probably the graphic novel series that he is best known for, I had enjoyed them, so when I found this on the shelf in the library, thought I’d give it a go. Gaiman always manages to take what has gone before and give it those couple of extra twists that lift it from the original storyline. This is no different. I really liked the section where they show the way that the cartoon progresses from a rough pencil outline, to a detailed pencil sketch, before it is drawn and coloured for the final strip. Not a bad book overall.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment